Be the architect of new advanced solutions
Headquartered in the canton of Neuchâtel in Switzerland, our client employs close to 400 dedicated employees in research & development, industrialization, production, supply chain, quality, sales, marketing, and support functions. They are the backbone of the company and whose combined knowledge and commitment offer innovative motion control products to our customers. It aims is to have satisfied and happy employees who are committed to our client for the long-term and take pride in contributing to company’s success.
It strives to get still closer to excellence by further developing his R&D Software organization. In order to achieve this important objective, he has asked us to look for his future
REAL TIME SOFTWARE R&D MANAGER
You will be in charge of the Software and Tests team which is part of the Electronics R&D department. This team develops the mid- and high-level software for interfacing and commissioning of our motion control electronics. This team is also in charge of qualifying the full value chain: software and electronics.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and international R&D team with more than 80 persons, with competences on all fields of expertise in precision mechatronics.
- Manage a team that designs, develops and maintains the software for interfacing and commissioning of our electronics.
- Be responsible for the architecture, design and development of highly functional and scalable software that is maintainable and adaptable to future needs.
- Deliver highly reliable software by creating adequate software quality standards and increasing test coverage and efficiency across the full value chain.
- Work with product manager and business users to understand their requirements and architect new solutions.
- Drive software engineering best practices and provide mentoring to the development team on functionality and technology.
- Review technical designs, perform code review to ensure quality, compliance with policies, procedures and security requirements.
- Drive productivity improvements within the team to reduce development cycle times.
- Ensure proper documentation of the software developed.
- Manage, plan, coordinate and facilitate multiple projects to ensure objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Effectively communicate regular project status reports and updates to stakeholders, including upper management.
- Recommend development technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational constraints and aligning with industry best practices.
- Ensure the integrity and help drive the technical infrastructure for source control, change management and deployment methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of combined software development, integration & verification/validation experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of software engineering leadership.
- A strong experience in real Time Software development
- Experience with unit test frameworks, and test automation tools.
- Fluent written and spoken English, German and/or French is a plus.
We are looking for
An analytical, methodic and rigorous person with strong management and communication skills. Someone organized and engaged to deliver on-time and with quality. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic environment.
Our client offers to you
- A challenging position in an open and dynamic midsize employer within an international environment.
- Competitive compensation & great working conditions in a modern and innovative high-tech company.
If you are interested in this challenge and recognize yourself in this profile, do not hesitate to call us for additional information or to send your complete application by e-mail.