Leading in Management and Processing of Scientific DataOur client is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. It performs cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and material, energy and environment, and human health. By carrying out fundamental and applied research, the organisation works on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and industry. Altogether, it employs 2100 people. Large-scale research facilities (focusing on synchrotron light sources and free electron lasers, for example) provide new challenges in the management and processing of large quantities of scientific data (petabyte range). We are looking for a qualified and experienced leader as the
Head of Science ITIn this position, you will be responsible for the technical, administrative and budgetary management of the Science IT organization. In-depth understanding and coordination of changing requirements and provided IT services in collaboration with the company’s scientific laboratories will be key for your success. The exponential growth of data volumes will be both a challenge and an opportunity as you take responsibility for the design, implementation and operations of cutting-edge HPC and storage infrastructures. A seamless data pipeline, from acquisition and online processing to offline processing and archiving, is essential for our researchers. You will collaborate, exchange ideas and define best practices with domestic and international academic and industrial partners as part of your activities.
- Management of the Science IT organization. Personnel and technical leadership of the team
- Management and support of group leaders
- Responsible for budgetary planning and controlling
- Member of the IT leadership team
- Coordination with research laboratories
- Personnel planning
- Strategy development and implementation
- Management and controlling of IT projects
- Specification, coordination and implementation of policies for data life cycle management
- Identification and utilisation of potential to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- University degree in information technology, physics or similar
- Experience/background in scientific computing, HPC
- Experience in parallel file systems
- Data management and processing at large-scale research facilities
- Willingness to support technical operations
- Ability to work in a team
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to implement pragmatic solutions
- Fluent in English (German would be a plus)
Are you looking for a pioneering position in an international research institute? This is a key position at one of the most prestigious organisations with outstanding personal development opportunities. You will work with excellent scientists and the results of your work will have a global impact.
Please either call us for a non-binding preliminary discussion or send us your application by email.
Thank you for your interest; we look forward to hearing from you.
- Titre du jobHead of Science IT
- EntrepriseService / Administration publique
- Groupe professionnelRecherche / Développment / Engineering
- Numéro d'identification3637.ZH
- Votre conseiller